I started a few seeds using the Winter Sown method, I'm excited to see how that works out. Others I'll be starting indoors, then we're planting in a friend's back yard since she has a yard and we don't.
I'm reading Good Calories Bad Calories. I'm
I still love doing my laundry with soapnuts and I ordered more last week. I'm guessing the $40 I spent on them will last me through most of this year, it's nice how a little goes a long way. (buy here, my review here) Stinky sticky mud that the kids have been playing in? It takes it right out! It's not magic or anything, but it works really well as laundry detergent. I hit the mud spots on Hannah's new light colored tulip pants with Oxyclean before washing and that was it.
On to the menu!
- Scrambled eggs with lots of goodies- whatever we toss in. Spinach, sun dried tomatoes, cheese, basil, garlic, sea salt, pepper.
- Whole wheat toast with butter
- Crackers, smoked salmon, cheese for both lunch and dinner. Mom likes to take a break on Sundays!
- Smoothie: Three eggs, 1-2 cups frozen fruit, 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, 1/2 cup yogurt. Honey to sweeten if desired; we're loosing our sweet tooth and don't mind it without honey now. I do my eggs raw, though I've done them hard boiled before too when that was all I had. That could work for those of you who aren't ready for raw eggs yet ~grin~ but it is an extra step.
- Apple with almond butter
- Lunch (this goes for all week): Dad gets a nice sandwich with our crockpot chicken, sprouts or kraut, homemade mayo, store bought mustard, cheese. All on our homemade whole wheat bread. We do open faced sandwiches, or smoothies again, or soup, or leftovers.
- Dinner: Chicken salad wrapped in cabbage leaves or tortillas
*Soak wheat flour overnight in yogurt
- Eggs poached in chicken stock
- Deviled eggs made with homemade mayonnaise
- Whole wheat pizza. Topping: Mozzarella and homemade beef sausage crumbled up.
- Spinach quiche
- Hamburgers on either portabello mushrooms or whole wheat buns.
- Squash Fries with homemade ketchup
- Tacos or burritos: Brown rice cooked in stock, avocado or guacamole, ground beef or venison seasoned with cayenne pepper and cumin
- Beef sausage, scrambled eggs
- Fish cutlets, depending on our success with fishing! (last weekend's trout is pictured. He's smaller than he looks in the picture, just a baby)
- Steamed broccoli with mayonnaise sauce
- Smoothies for breakfast
- Chicken salad wrapped in tortillas or cabbage leaves
What are you looking forward to eating now that it (hopefully!) is warming up?
Naturoli: High quality natural laundry soap for pennies a load!
Amazon: I buy lots from here, from books to carseats to diapers
Rose of Sharon Acres: Natural goat milk soap products and tooth chips- soap for teeth!
Folky Dots: Beautiful Waldorf Dolls and Clothes from a work-at-home mom
Part of Menu Plan Monday and Mindful Menus!